History

La V铆bora

 


The name of La Víbora was given to this town by the population in 1728, when a young German doctor decided to establish his practice next to what is today the main bus station and assigned a Mexican Indian, who lived near by, to draw the medical symbol in a very big size to advertise his practice, but the Indian, maybe because of his ignorance, draw a viper snake (Víbora in Spanish) instead of a regular snake.

In early 1900s, La Víbora used to be one of the places for the middle class to escape from the noisy town next to the commercial bay. Nowadays it’s still an unexplored neighborhood who surprises the visitor with authentic jewels of the Cuban Architecture (for example, Cuban Art Nouveau).

 

 

powered by TripAdvisor